How do I set up Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) for Netspeed mail?
Before you begin
If you are having issues with your iOS Mail program, please try these Apple troubleshooting steps as a first option.
- Open the 'Settings'
- Scroll down and tap 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar'
- Tap 'Add Account'
- Tap 'Other' as your email provider
- Tap 'Add Mail Account'
Enter the following details;
- Name: Your name as you would like it to appear on your sent emails, eg: John Doe
- Email: Your full Netspeed email address, eg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Your Netspeed email password
Once done, tap 'Next'
- Select 'POP' and enter the following details;
For the 'Incoming Mail Server' section;
* Host Name: `pop3.netspeed.net.nz` * User Name: Your Netspeed email username, eg: `yourname`
For the 'Outgoing Mail Server' section;
* Host Name: `smtp.netspeed.net.nz`
Then tap 'Save'
- Tap 'Yes'
- Tap on your email account, eg: netspeed.net.nz
- Scroll down to the 'Outgoing Mail Server' section and Tap 'SMTP'
Tap the mail server listed as the primary server, ie: smtp.netspeed.net.nz
Then enter the following:
* User Name: Your Netspeed email username, eg: `yourname` * Password: Your Netspeed email password
Make sure the option to 'Use SSL' is turned on (ie; it is green)
Now tap 'Authentication'
Now tap 'Password'
Now tap 'Back'
Tap on the 'Server Port' and change to 465
Finally tap 'Done'
Your device will verify the settings you have entered.
IMPORTANT: Do not skip to the home screen while this is happening, wait util the verification has completed!
- Tap 'Done' on top right hand corner of screen.